Published: 17:25 EDT, 28 June 2022 | Updated: 17:32 EDT, 28 June 2022 GHISLAINE'S STATEMENT AT SENTENCING HEARING IN FULL Your honor, it is hard for me to address the court after listening to the pain and anguish expressed today

Published: 17:25 EDT, 28 June 2022 | Updated: 17:32 EDT, 28 June 2022 …

Fae 0 350 2022.06.30 00:52
Published: 17:25 EDT, 28 June 2022 | Updated: 17:32 EDT, 28 June 2022
GHISLAINE'S STATEMENT AT SENTENCING HEARING IN FULL
Your honor, it is hard for me to address the court after listening to the pain and anguish expressed today.
The terrible impact on the lives of so many women is difficult to hear and even more difficult to absorb, both in its scale and extent. 
I acknowledge their suffering and Lapak Satria empathize deeply with all of the victims in this case.
I also acknowledge with that I have been a victim of helping Jeffrey Epstein commit these crimes.
I realize I have been convicted of assisting Jeffrey Epstein to commit these crimes. My association with Epstein will permanently stain me. 
It is the biggest regret of my life that I ever met him.
I believe Jeffrey Epstein fooled all of those in his orbit. His victims considered him a mentor, friend, lover. 
It is absolutely unfathomable today to think that was how he was viewed contemporaneously. 
His impact on all those close to him has been devastating. And today, those who even knew him briefly or never met him but were associated with someone who did, have lost relationships, jobs, and had their lives derailed.
Jeffrey Epstein should have stood before you. In 2005. In 2009. And again in 2019. All the many times he was accused, charged, prosecuted. 
He should have spared victims the years of chasing justice. 
But today is ultimately not about Epstein. It is for me to be sentenced and for the victims to address me alone in court.
To you I say: I am sorry for the pain you experienced. 
I hope my conviction along with my harsh incarceration brings you closure.  
I hope this brings the women who have suffered some measure of peace and faintly to help you put those experiences of so many years ago in a place that allows you to look forward and not back.  
I also acknowledge the pain this case has wrought to those I love, the many I held and still hold close, the relationships I have lost and will never be able to regain. 
It is my sincerest wish to all those in this courtroom and all those outside this courtroom that today brings a terrible chapter to an end.
And to those of you who spoke here today and those who did not, may this day help you travel through darkness into the light. 
adverts.addToArray({"pos":"mpu_factbox"})Advertisement
Read articles that feature this panel
Ghislaine Maxwell has broken her silence at her sentencing for sex trafficking where she said she was a 'victim of helping Jeffrey Epstein'...

Ghislaine Maxwell, 60, has been sentenced to 20 years in jail after being convicted of sex trafficking in December.

adverts.addToArray({"pos":"inread_player"})Advertisement

adverts.addTaboolaPosition(
position: "thumbnail",
id: "taboola-below-article-thumbnails"
)

adverts.addTaboolaPosition(
position: "afterArticle",
id: "taboola-below-main-column"
)

Comments